gas smell inside the car

fast sleek and cool, all the Mods you are looking for and more

Moderators: canadianwolf, antooncoolen, MikDee, jeanivy

forevervike
Broken In Engine
Broken In Engine

gas smell inside the car

#1 Postby forevervike » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:34 am

I have been smelling gas INSIDE my car when I start it. Seems like it is coming right throught the vents in my dash. The dealer ignored it a couple times until I told them I was getting headaches and was going to see a doctor. Now all of a sudden, they tell me I have a fuel injector seal bad and they wont give me my Tuc back un til they fix it because it could blow up. Ever see a dealer like this? It is unreal! First two times, they never smelled it, now that I mention a doctor, they find a gas leak.
I cant stand how dealers have to duplicate the problem to do anything about it. I said I smelled gas, what was I making this up?

Also, twice in the past year I have had my check engine light come on and of course my dealer said, it they cant see the light, they cant do anything about it even though codes were registered. Could that light of been from my faulty injector?

Thanks guys
You guys are alot of help.

Amilo630
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

#2 Postby Amilo630 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:04 am

How far away is the next dealer? no way would i put up with that kinda sh-t.
"I can promise you milk and cookies, but if the oven is broke, you just get milk."

forevervike
Broken In Engine
Broken In Engine

#3 Postby forevervike » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:14 am

like 30 miles away. I did jut get the number though of a regional hyundai manager. See what happens.

hunted
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Postby hunted » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:28 am

Thanks, it's always good to start the day with a good laugh :lol:
I can just see the dealer's face when you said doctor, poor guy probably saw triple digit lawsuits.
Are u ready for his return?

theguynamedbrad
What vehicle do you own?: Tucson

#5 Postby theguynamedbrad » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Hmm, this is worrysome. A friend of mine who drives a Tiburon recently expirenced what I thought was a rather rare occurance- His engine caught on fire. Apparently it was a fuel injector that was messed up, and also one of the tubes that had lost the lining. They fixed it all for him and everything, but he said that the dealer told him a lot of hyundais seem to be showing this problem lately. So at least it didn't blow on you I suppose, although the run around crap is just as irritating.

Honestly, I never thought I'd hear of anything other than a lamborghini's engine catching on fire. Was kinda a good deal in the end though, I mean, new engine block, fuel lines, and a new hood aren't a cheap bundle. Glad you're getting the problem fixed though.

FiremistSLK
Valued Member
Valued Member
What vehicle do you own?: Neither

#6 Postby FiremistSLK » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:15 pm

Dealers SUCK.... PERIOD!!!! You may find a good SERVICE MANAGER at a dealer that really knows his cars and how to provide good customer service, but that's RARE. As for the check engine light, it probaly did come on from the leaking fuel injector but the code in the computer might have been for a mixture issue like high oxygen or an intermittent misfire. I don't think there would be a code for "leaking fuel injector". In any event, LOOSE THE DEALER and drive the 30 miles to try your luck with the other one.... IMHO

Return to “Performance & Enhancement”