TucsonDrivers.com

Hyundai Tucson Forum & Community
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Post subject: Replacing the rear wiper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:09 pm 
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

What vehicle do you own?: Tucson
Hi, I have a 2006 Tucson. My rear wiper blade is broken and I can't find a replacement in any auto parts store near me. Anyone know where to find one of these? And when I do find a new one, how do you get the old one off? I spent quite a while trying to remove the old blade, but I haven't seen that type of assembly before and I didn't want to break anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:47 pm 
I got mine from a dealer. The price was not much more than one purchased from an auto parts store. The reason you don't see one listed in a parts store is because the frame is unique for the mount design. The opening is much larger than a "standard" wiper blade frame. I tried fitting one and it was too small.

The blade frame just pulls off. It's held on by a clip. Pull the arm up and just pull the frame away from the arm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:26 pm 
Admin
Admin

The whole new wiper unit replacement was about 60$ from the dealer (installed, of course)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:48 pm 
Redux wrote:
The whole new wiper unit replacement was about 60$ from the dealer (installed, of course)

The wiper arm (3) is about $60 from the dealer.

The wiper blade (1) is about $15.

The wiper insert (2) alone is about $9.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:45 am 
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

Great diagram, hope you didn't go through the hassle of drawing that for me. Using your numbers, my [2] is ripping and falling off my [1]. I can't figure out how to get the [1] off of the [3]. A few days ago I had my ETC Off light show up on my dash board randomly so I'll have a dealer check that out and replace the wiper while I'm at it. Thanks for the great info.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:59 am 
Part 1 is actually the combination of the wiper frame and the wiper blade insert (part 2). You can just buy part 2 (about $9) or for a few dollars more (about $15) buy the assembly that is part 1. The Part 1 assembly that contains the frame and the blade insert is part number 98820-2E000

As far as removing part 1 from part 3, you just pull it off.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:40 pm 
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

Anyone know if the "clip" to hold the wiper blade to the cover is part of the blade (part 1)?
My husband made the mistake of pulling whole blade off, thinking the replacement blade he bought would fit and have the clip. He threw in trash can outside the Auto Parts store while he tried to change it. He had problems and decided to come home where there was more light. Local Auto Parts said "find online" or go to dealer...

thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:27 am 
The clip is on the arm (3), not the wiper (1). You can't use an auto parts store wiper. It won't fit. You have to either get one from Hyundai or get a replacement blade (2) and insert it in the original wiper (1).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:27 am 
Valued Member
Valued Member

yes that's the best way... so if you have problems have to go to dealer

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3143364

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:00 pm 

if the rubber is knakered just pull the wiper from the housing them purchase a 12 inch blade and pull the rubber from it them put it on your wiper .if you try to put a 12 inch standard blade on bought from halfords or same it wont fit because the crafty basxxxds have made the fixing pin thicker than standard !!! i replaced my rear wiper blad for only 4 pounds by just pulling out the rubber STRAKER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:51 pm 
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

I recently purchased a used, black 2006 Tucson and had it into my local Hyundai dealer for a multi-point inspection. One of the items on the report was that the rear wiper was shot. No offer to replace it and I guess I am glad I didn't ask. Went on the search for a replacement. Nothing at AutoZone or Advance Auto. Of all places found a replacement at KMart. It is an ANCO AeroVantage 91-12 @ $7.99 without tax. It is not a direct fit, however. The center adaptor that comes with it must first be removed. Easily done. As posted elsewhere on this forum, the wiper's center pivot shaft is thinner than the OEM's blade. To get around this, I cut a 2 inch strip of electric tape to the width of the pivot shaft and wrapped it around the shaft. Pushed the blade back into the wiper cover and it fits like a charm. Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:07 am 
Admin
Admin

Good for you! :)
That's a good DIY btw :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 am 
Admin
Admin

thanks for the info! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:08 am 
Broken In Engine
Broken In Engine

hi, can some please illustrate how can we remove the worn out wiper blade. thanks very much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:09 am 
Broken In Engine
Broken In Engine

up!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:49 am 

i just pull it out gently, carefully not to break the clip (in the middle of the arm)

2005 Tucson 2.0 GL FWD (YK)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am 
Broken In Engine
Broken In Engine

thanks very much

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 am 
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

Morning Folks, on our 2005 the rear wiper blade failed , Same thing almost fell out when I called the dealer for price. Also no luck after market. But then that weekend I was at Big Lots, if ya,ll have them.. Found this ( miracle wiper ) , has 3 edges ( as seen on tv ) ( LOL ),,, any way you get 2 wiper refills for a buck. The wiper backing is made of plastic. So all I did was remove the old wiper from the arm ,,,,, cut the miracle wiper to length with a razor blade, slid back on the arm an took a pair of needle nose plires, an gentle squezze the lil tabs closer to the blade. gave it a test run worked great, thats was like 4 months ago ..............

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:30 pm 

see photos of the oem frame (left) and stock frame (right with KCW marking)... the stock frame has a "bigger" rod than the oem frame. looks like i have to apply tape to the centre rod of oem frame like daddyd described... either that, or i remove the new rubber wiper blade attach it to the stock frame...

2005 Tucson 2.0 GL FWD (YK)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:54 pm 
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

I bought a replacement blade at partsgeek.com. Anco blade 12". Part plus shipping was less than $15. The middle rod is a little smaller but I haven't had any problems. Works fine and it hasn't flown off in traffic and hit anyone (at least not yet). I found several places online that sell replacements for under $20 (shipping included).

And just a heads up - the blad just pulls out. It took me about 20 minutes to figure that out. Kept looking for a super secret release button.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm 
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

Just did the electrical tape idea. Awesome, you are my hero. I just couldnt figure out the whole smaller insert problem. Thank you so much! Out the door $9!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:32 pm 
Fresh Car Smell
Fresh Car Smell

for anyone that wants the OEM one 10.99+ tax at dealer part number 98820-2E000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 pm 

hyundai in there wisdom have made the rear wiper so on none franchised dealer will stock it.so what I did was buy just the rubber from Halfords {2 pounds } and cut the rubber to size .the original replacement has a thick bar on it and its unique to hyundai you can buy a new one but expect to pay over the odds for a 12 inch wiper blade ..another tip for the front ones bosch make the aero twin [[floppy type } blade and they are 100 times better than the originals .available from any motor spares shop and they are cheap